Aztec Ryde-In 2019
Our next Spyder Ryde-In will be at Aztec, New Mexico Sept 20-22 2019. This is the first time we have held a ryde-in outside Arizona and before the winter months.
if you have not already done so, please complete the Aztec Ryde-In registration form.
Special rates have been arranged at the Presidential Inn & Suites in Aztec, NM.
Friday night Meet 'n Greet and the Saturday night dinner will be at Sutherland Farms from 6-8pm. BYOB as they do not serve alcohol, but welcome guests who bring their own.
We have organized several rydes which can be viewed on Google Maps here.
I will be updating the maps and points of interest periodically up to a few days before the event, so you may notice changes if you log onto them from time to time; please bookmark this URL.
The Google Map for the Aztec planned rydes can be found here
The maps can be viewed with any internet-connected device, but I recommend using a tablet or laptop computer for easier manipulation and viewing. I also recommend downloading the maps to your portable device in advance, so that if wireless connections are lost, you won't be.
On computers, the Legend will be in the left of the map. If it is closed, you may need to open it. There should be a button to click for displaying the legend. In the legend you can select which map to display. You can also, at the bottom, choose standard view or satellite view to see the terrain.
On tablets and smart phones, the legend may not be visible initially; how to display the legend varies by device.
PDFs for the 6 rydes can be found at each link below;
- Four State & 4 Corner ryde PDF
- Ouray, CO ryde PDF
- Creede, CO ryde PDF
- Chama, NM ryde PDF
- Canyon de Chelly ryde PDF
- Mesa Verde NP ryde PDF (This is the only non-guided ryde)
Please download and print these out for yourself if you need them, as I don't provide printed materials at the event.
|Friday 8am departure||4 States & 4 Corners ryde||Guide: Eloy Montano||Can be extended to include Monument Valley if so desired.|
|Friday 8am||Canyon de Chelly||Guide: Linda Sanders||Can be extended to include the Navajo Nation Museum.|
|Friday 6-8pm||Meet 'n Greet||Sutherland Farms||BYOB (water & soda served); meals will be available to purchase|
|Saturday 8am||Ouray, CO ryde||Guide: Kent Kramer||Be prepared for cold and possibly wet in the mountains|
|Saturday 8am||Creede, CO ryde||Guide: Serge Barron||Be prepared for cold and possibly wet in the mountains. Fuel and lunch stop in South Fork. Lunch at the South Fork Old Firehouse Restaurant.|
|Saturday 6-8pm||Dinner||Sutherland Farms||BYOB (water & soda served); BBQ meal will be catered ($10-15)|
|Sunday 8am||Chama, NM ryde||Guide: Brian Sanders|
- Please arrive for guided rydes 1/2 hour before planned departure. Note: all guided rydes have a planned departure of 8am.
- Have full fuel tanks so you can easily make it to the next planned fuel stop.
- Both Friday rydes involve high altitude riding on twisty mountain roads. Be prepared for cold and possibly wet weather. The scenery is worth it!
- Spyder Sisters will be at Sutherland Farms with their proprietary T-shirts and Spyder accessories
- PLEASE plan to attend the Friday night Meet 'n Greet and the Saturday night dinner, both at Sutherland Farms. These social gatherings are an important aspect of our Spyder Ryde-Ins.
- Ryde your own ryde, even on guided rydes. Go at a pace you are most comfortable with. Don't feel you have to stay with the group. As a courtesy to the ryde guide, please let them know if you plan to drop back, drop out, ride ahead or pull over for a pit stop or photo op, in which case the group will continue and not be worried about you.
- Obtain the cell phone number of the ryde guide, so that if necessary you can contact them during the ryde.